Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Dust II

And at the off change that some people think 'he's whining about dust on his sensor, how bad can it be, dust...' here's a photo which shows how bad it can be.

Now note that I would normally not show this picture, even without dust, because it's nothing special. Just to demonstrate this is a serious issue...

Dust in almost the middle of the picture, just above the horizon... I'm not even sure if you can call that dust or that it's perhaps a full blown grain of sand... it looks huge...

And for people who couldn't discover it on this small photo, here's a blow up. Note also the three pieces in the sea within the yellow circle...

Decided not to burn myself by cleaning the sensor myself, besides, these big pieces are gone, the internal dust shaker worked for those. And with the vacuum cleaner held close to the camera (don't try that at home kids, you might suck out the mirror) I think I was able to get rid of most of these big chuncks completely. But to remove the hair I'll probably visit the Canon service center somewhere next week and let them do it. The machine was simply too expensive to fool around with myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment