Monday, October 22, 2012

Green finished...

Yes, I think I'm there... had some trouble finding the right formula to get the luminance back after the math to calculate green, but that's also solved, which opens up the way (I think) to a proper red and blue filter...

Let me show you two examples.

All settings on the photos are similar. The regular and the green result were edited exactly the same (same contrast, brightness, exposure settings etc...)

First my Leica test photo... regular monochrome and green filtered on the highest setting...

Move over the image with your mouse to see the difference... from regular to green filtered...

(possibly in some browsers this doesn't work - not fully sure... if you see no difference you either have a visual problem or your browser doesn't support the rollover... you then just have to believe me :-) )


Regular monochrome from Leica M9...
Move over the image to see the green filtered monochrome...

And here's an example from the Canon 5D Mark III


Regular monochrome from Canon 5D Mark III...
Move over the image to see the green filtered monochrome...

The effect is quite strong on the blue and red, but this is on the highest strength setting. The setting can be changed in steps of 5%, so there's quite a bit of room to pick a favorite strength...

Will still take a few days till the next release, with obviously this green stuff in it, since I'm also working on a dead pixel mapper I want to finish up first.

No comments:

Post a Comment