Thursday, February 26, 2009

Those naughty, naughty Roentgen Rays

Well yep, I've got the picture of my lungs, in a big brown envelope.

It's a strange idea: my lungs in an envelope.

I don't understand how they can see anything on it. I've looked at it against the light, but to me it seems like a few blobs and some ribs (yes yes, I did take it out of the envelope first!).

There's also a report with it, and I'm supposed to hand it all over to my doctor, most likely tomorrow. Of course I had to read the report, who wouldn't want to know what possible scary stuff is hiding in their lungs.

But first I need to figure out a way to take a good picture of it.

I know I'm usually behind the camera, none of the pictures I've shown you on this blog contains me as the subject (except this one with the camera in my face), so I want to treat you all to something special:

Not only me, but actually inside me!

And not to worry, the report contained nothing. Unless they mixed up my lungs with those of somebody else.

They are clean, healthy and they couldn't discover anything in them, except what lungs are suppose to contain...

[By the way, this X-ray set me back 30 ringgit, which is about 6 euros. That's actually cheaper than having your picture taken for a passport in The Netherlands - granted, the subject is quite different, but still, the camera they use for the X-ray is a lot bigger!]

No comments:

Post a Comment