Thursday, February 3, 2011

M9Tether 1.5 released

Version 1.5 contains a redesigned JPG viewer, which tackles the somewhat slow zooming of 1.4 and fixes some bugs. The viewer also wasn't working properly under the Windows 7 Basic and Classic themes with Aero disabled. It can now differentiate between themes.

See http://www.mymymyohmy.com/software/m9tether.html for the details

I did notice some problems with the 'zoom in' and 'zoom out' buttons after releasing 1.5, but I haven't figured out yet what the exact problem is. I guess an update on 1.5 is in order soon.

I'm also trying to implement a rotation algorithm.

The camera doesn't rotate photos taken in portrait. I'm sure the EXIF data holds the info on it, because Lightroom does rotate them automatically. I do not intend to include EXIF reading, that's beyond the purpose of the application and you can already combine M9Tether with Lightroom if you really want the correct result immediately, but it would be nice to have two extra buttons to rotate the JPG in the viewer. This proves to be however a bit more complicated than I imagined. Perhaps in version 1.6.

No comments:

Post a Comment