Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Charlie

Meet Charlie, Charlie the beetle...

Charles officially, but friends call him Charlie.

He's dead, sorry to say.

I found him behind the curtains, which explains the fact that he's a bit dusty.

I needed something to further test my automated focusing software.

Charlie seemed like a good subject, only a centimeter tall, high on his dried out legs and an ok name, although I named him myself.

In fact, he might be a Charlene, or a Charlotte, who's to say...

So me and Charlie or Charlotte or Charlene were messing around a bit, until I was finished, stacked 24 photos of him, and zoomed in on his dead head.

I must warn you... it's not pretty...

It got me a bit nauseous...

As far as close up insect shots go, this is probably one of the worst ever, but at least my software got the job done.

Stacked from 24 photos, meet Charlie, Charlie the dusty, dead and dried out beetle.

Click on the photos for the bigger version, but don't hold me responsible for the consequences...

Charlie... stacked from 24 photos...

Charlie close up...
Click on the photos for the big version, but be aware: can cause stomach cramps...

No comments:

Post a Comment