Friday, January 28, 2011

M9Tether

So yes, the observant reader will have noticed I am using a Leica M9 now.

I will get back to writing about that, because it has been quite an experience so far. It's difficult to stay objective about this camera seeing the expense, but I do have my thoughts about it.

Leica didn't provide any software for shooting the M9 tethered (tethered shooting is when you connect the camera to a computer, whereby software enables you to operate the camera remotely and adds the option to also operate the camera manually - still connected to the computer - and show the photos you shoot immediately on the computer screen).

So I decided to write my own software.

It's been online for a while, it's tested a bit, and it seems to work quite well.

It's written for Windows 7, but also works on Vista (note the exception on Vista - I'm currently trying to get in touch with Leica about that one) and it does work in conjunction with Lightroom if you set up an auto import folder.

So if you stumble onto this blog and own or use an M9 and you want tethered shooting, have a look here:

http://www.mymymyohmy.com/software/m9tether.html

No comments:

Post a Comment