Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Droplets

And what is this then?

Well, it's water on one of my plates in my kitchen, after a droplet had bounced off. Isn't it amazing?

So there I was, holding Peng's water dispenser, messing around with plates and light, the camera on a tripod, trying to take a picture of a water droplet... I saw it on television, on one of my trips, lazing around in the hotel room. Some amazing pictures taken with a high speed camera of bouncing water droplets. And then I thought: let's try that too...

It was my first attempt tonight, so give me a break. The lighting is not good, the pics are underexposed, because I needed a very fast shutter time, and the focus can probably improve... I'll get there.

It was an interesting first experiment.

Funny enough, the photos are taken with the old camera, since I don't have a macro lens for the new one yet...



The droplet, almost free...


Yes! My first droplet(s)!


Aftermath...

As usual, click on the photos for a bigger version...

------

For the technically inclined and for all the droplet photos:

Canon EOS 40D
Canon EF-S 60mm macro lens
F2.8
ISO 250
1/1000 sec

No comments:

Post a Comment