Thursday, June 4, 2009

Beijing album V - Summer Palace

Well, the shortest album so far.

I didn't have a good day. I was a bit moody and tired and it shows in the pictures. There's only one really good shot that day, and that wasn't even in the Summer Palace, but at the KFC in Beijing, of all places.

The Summer Palace was just too big. Another really 'hot' tourist spot, with too many people standing in front of everything.

It's like they do it on purpose. You point your lens and poof, there's someone in front of it... At some objects they're even queueing!

Truly, I never fully understood the desire to stand in front of an object and have your picture taken. It has something to do with showing off I suppose 'look, I was there'. But just taking the picture also proves that you were there. You don't need to have your face in it, unless people you show it to won't believe you were the one who actually took the picture? But how likely is that?

This attitude needs to change, I will campaign for it! Photographers of the world unite!

Ok, I'm done campaigning... my sensor isn't cleaned yet, so who cares anyway...

Thus, hardly any good shots, and the few that potentially were, got spoiled by people or strange objects sitting in the way (like support bars for trees etc).

But in the end it was simply me having a bad day...

Click here to view the 10 photos of this album.

For the complete index of all the albums, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment