Monday, June 1, 2009

About that sunrise...

Well, these are the best I could make of it...

In the meantime the sensor drama continues. I managed to remove the hair. As I suspected it was actually not on the sensor, but sort of hanging in front of it. Standing actually, stuck somewhere at the bottom. I forgot that the picture on the sensor is flipped, so for a while I was looking in the wrong corner.

But during the nerve wrecking process I managed to dirty the sensor itself even more. Less visible on lower apertures, but still not very satisfying. This week probably the Canon Service Center, to have it cleaned by professionals...

I'm awaiting 'professional status' at Canon, which is sort of a perk if you buy at least a camera and one L-lens (which I have). It means they handle you like a business class passenger. Once that status is approved, the whole process of servicing should be swift...

Added to the photographic misery was a drop of the L-lens on the tiles of my apartment. Not from high, it sort of rolled off the camera bag, which was on the floor, and it dropped probably about 10cm. But it made a nasty smack. The lens still works, but there's a weird sound now when you gently shake it, and I don't know if that was there before or not. L-lenses are built to withstand some abuse. There's a story on the Internet of someone who dropped a similar lens from an elephant onto cobble stones, and the lens still worked fine. But as to not suddenly end up with a dead lens on a holiday, I'll include it in the service check... Apparently with 'professional status' they look at that for free...

Welcome to my hobby... :-)





Sunrise over Chempedak Beach...

Click on the photos for a bigger version...

No comments:

Post a Comment